Due to the ongoing risk of COVID-19 transmission and illness, Mason strongly encourages all students, faculty, and staff (vaccinated and unvaccinated) to participate in routine optional COVID testing. Symptomatic students are required to receive a diagnostic test at Student Health Services.
All on-campus testing is free, and Mason is offering extended hours to accommodate diverse schedules; see schedule below.
Mason’s COVID Test Sites
|Fenwick Library A Wing (formerly MIX)||9 a.m. - 12 p.m.||9 a.m. - 12 p.m.||9 a.m. - 12 p.m.||9 a.m. - 12 p.m.||CLOSED|
|David King Hall Drive-up Station|
(Mason faculty/staff only, by appointment only)
|9 a.m. - 12 p.m.||1 p.m. - 3 p.m.||9 a.m. - 12 p.m.||9 a.m. - 12 p.m.||CLOSED|
|Hazel Hall, Rooms B1-13|
(Mason Square Campus)
|CLOSED||9 a.m. - 11 a.m.||CLOSED||CLOSED||CLOSED|
|Colgan Hall, Room 229|
|2 p.m. - 5 p.m.||CLOSED||CLOSED||CLOSED||CLOSED|
Diagnostic Testing (Testing While You Have Symptoms)
Anyone with COVID symptoms should be tested, whether you’ve been vaccinated or not.
- Symptomatic students should isolate and contact Student Health Services (SHS) at 703-993-2831 to seek evaluation and diagnostic testing. If you’re enrolled at Mason, even if you don’t have insurance, you’re eligible for treatment at SHS.
- Symptomatic faculty and staff are encouraged to seek testing through their existing health care provider or schedule a diagnostic test at a station by David King Hall on the Fairfax Campus.
Mason’s surveillance test sites are not designed to handle symptomatic individuals; please do not attempt to get a COVID test at Mason’s surveillance test sites if you feel unwell or have symptoms.
It is recommended by the CDC that all travelers, regardless of vaccination status, be tested 3-5 days after arrival in the U.S. and self-monitor for any symptoms. Additionally, the CDC recommends any traveler who is not up to date with their vaccines quarantine for 5 days after arrival.
Frequently Asked Questions
Where are the on-campus COVID-19 asymptomatic testing sites?
- Fairfax Campus: Fenwick Library A Wing (former MIX space).
- Mason Square in Arlington: Hazel Hall, Rooms B1-13.
- SciTech Campus: Colgan Hall, Room 413.
Where are the COVID-19 diagnostic testing sites?
Students: Symptomatic students should isolate, and contact Student Health Services (SHS) (703-993-2831) to seek evaluation and diagnostic testing. If you’re enrolled at Mason, even if you don’t have insurance, you’re eligible for treatment at SHS.
If you have symptoms, please avoid the surveillance testing sites to reduce the chance of spreading the virus.
Who can get tested at the on-campus sites?
What do I need to do / bring when I get to the on-campus test site?
- Wear a face covering.
- Follow signs for access.
- Have your Mason ID handy.
- Your response from filling out that day’s Covid Health Check.
- If walking to your appointment, maintain 6 feet of distance between you and others.
If you are getting a surveillance test, please do not eat or drink anything for 30 minutes before your appointment.
Come alone. No guests are allowed at the appointment.
What is the test like?
Mason is using a saliva test for surveillance testing. Samples will be analyzed at SciTech at the College of Science’s Center for Applied Proteomics and Molecular Medicine CAP/CLIA certified laboratories.
Watch a video on the saliva test: