Report Accidents, Incidents, and Unsafe Conditions

We want to make sure the Mason community stays safe! Please remember to report all accidents, injuries, or conditions that may cause harm to an individual or the university.  When dangerous or potentially dangerous conditions are reported, the university can take appropriate remediation and corrective measures to protect the community from similar or future incidents.

Please report the following situations to the university:


Submit an Incident Report form when there is an illness or injury involving a student or visitor, or an unsafe condition.

Employee Injury

Submit an Employer's First Report of Accident form when an employee is injured while at work.

Please note that injuries that result in hospitalization, amputation, loss of eyesight, or death must be reported immediately to Human Resources and Payroll Workers' Compensation and the Environmental Health & Safety Office (EHS).

For more Information and for questions:

  • For information about insurance, university property damage/theft, and automobile incidents contact the Office of Risk Management at 703-993-2599.